Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Better Late Than Never!

I've had plenty to write about over the course of the last three weeks - I just haven't had the time to do it! So here's my attempt to recap some of what we've been up to lately.

  • Madelyn's face-first fall: My foot in Madelyn's way + a hardwood floor to land on = Madelyn with a giant purple knot on her forehead (and one sad, guilt-ridden mama). 


  • Adventures in cycling: Richard and Taylor geared up and took Madelyn out for her first ride in the bike trailer. They were so excited. I was a little nervous about it, because sitting still isn't an easy thing when you're 16 months old! She did really well, though - she didn't get restless until the very end of the nine mile ride! (So much for a brief maiden voyage!) 



  • The headband: I'd seen a picture of a headband online - a ridiculously cute but terribly impractical headband. I was so taken with the ridiculously cute part of it, I decided to make something similar. I'll admit it - I knew she wouldn't wear it willingly, because she still tugs on (and eventually takes off) any and every hat and hair bow that I put on her. Still, I made it - and I loved it - especially once I saw it on her. I was happy (and lucky!) to get a few pictures of her [shirt-less, because everyone knows that less clothing makes for a happier baby!]. And that was that. We'll try it out again when she's a little older and hopefully a little less annoyed by headwear [or we'll save it for Elsie]. :-)




  • Tulips: They bloomed, and I was excited - so I took pictures. 



  • Celebrations: Madelyn hit the 16-month mark, and Taylor and I tallied up his months just for fun, discovering that he would hit the 100-month mark the next day (which also happened to be St. Patrick's Day!). So I suggested that we have party to celebrate - and we did just that. We ate  green pancakes for breakfast, munched on Taylor's favorite snack foods all day long, and finished the day with a peanut butter pie with candles.

[Gnawing on those fingers - a sign of what was to come.]

[That green icing doesn't look too appealing, 
but Taylor sure was pleased to have his personalized pancake!]

[I attempted to make pancakes that looked like four-leaf clovers. 
It's the thought that counts, right?]

[Taylor's stash of party food - sugar, anyone?] 

[Madelyn really wanted to get to those candles!]

  • The first wakeboard run of the year: Taylor suited up and did an awesome job. He was so excited to be on the water again! It was definitely a good thing that he had the wet suit, though - he said the water was still pretty chilly. 

[This is his "I'm so hard core!" face.]

  • Damage control: Poor Madelyn started cutting five new teeth, so I was especially thankful for beautiful weather. Time outside always makes her feel better - or distracts her enough to make her think she feels better. (Cold grapes and yogurt helped, too.)


  • Bathing suit day: Decided to go through Madelyn's summer things to see what she had outgrown. In the process, I tried one of her bathing suits on her - and it was just so cute, I left it on her to wear around the yard while she played. (I have no shame when it comes to cuteness.) For what it's worth, though, it was really, really warm outside on that particular day. :-)


  • 15 Miles of Glory: Taylor completed a super-hilly 15-mile bike race. He was the only racer under age 16! His finish time was 1 hour, 7 minutes, and he was on cloud nine for the rest of the day. (Who could blame him?) 




No comments:

Post a Comment