Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sunshine on a February Day

I have been sewing up a storm for the past week. Since last Friday, I've made a summer top, a sun suit, and a tunic dress for Madelyn, in addition to two infant dresses for the baby. I also finished up a little A-line dress and a bolero jacket for Madelyn that had been sitting in the "in progress" pile in my sewing room for a while. And then my sewing machine decided that it needed a break - so it went on strike - and I was really sad at the thought of ending my sewing spree in order to have it serviced.

But I woke up this morning to sunshine - lots and lots of sunshine - and by the afternoon, it was a remarkable 82 degrees outside! So right after lunch, Madelyn and I went outside to enjoy the weather, and we packed more fun into this afternoon than we have in the past several afternoons. Ball in the yard, some time on the swingset, a stroll around the neighborhood, and some time on the trampoline, too. It was the first time Madelyn had really held her own on the trampoline, and she was serious about it: 




Taylor, of course, enjoyed the sunshine as much as Madelyn and I did, once he got home from school; however, he didn't make it into a single picture today! I just didn't have the heart to ask him to stop running around to take any. Madelyn is, of course, still blissfully ignorant of the fact that I am constantly snapping photos of her - Taylor is not. (Even having dodged the Mamarazzi today, he made the comment to me this evening: "You know what I would hate about being famous? All the pictures!") 

But since it was beautiful outside, I felt like I had more reason than ever to take lots of pictures - so I took advantage of Madelyn's blissful ignorance - and this big patch of buttercups was the perfect spot to do that.

[She really wanted me to smell the flowers.]

[Really.]

[She wasn't gonna take no for an answer.]

And that's really all that there was to today - but it was such a sweet, sweet day. 

Thank you, Lord, for a day of sunshine!







No comments:

Post a Comment